2011年9月9日 星期五

ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REVIEW 年度績效評鑑

Examining my work performance考察我的工作績效

It’s that time of the year again for my performance review. I just received an e-mail from my manager requesting a self-review from me. She also wants a list of individuals that she can solicit feedback from about my work. Both are due in a week. I’ve been thinking about all the projects I’ve done and people I’ve worked with during the past year. In my self-review, I need to give examples of achieving results in leadership, management, etc. I also need to show that I am a good team player and am sharpening my technical skills.
Lastly, I have to set performance goals for the coming year. These should be measurable, have a time frame and set the direction for the future. I also have to give short-term career goals in my review so I can get support and approval from my manager. An annual performance review is a great communication tool for me. Most importantly, I am waiting for a raise and a bonus for working so hard this past year.

solicitàask some for money, help or information.
sharpenàmake it better or stronger
approval
bonus

Grammar on the go
It’s that time of the year again for my performance review.
It’s that time of the year again for…

It’s that time of the year again for everybody to tidy up their work place for the cleaning contest.

It’s that time of the year again for students to camp out in the library all day.

It’s that time of the year again for people to gather up their receipts and figure out their tax forms.

Chat room
Mail 郵件、信件(集合名詞,不可數)
數量+piece
I received seven pieces of mail today. 我今天收到七件郵件
e-mail電子郵件
今天這篇文章提到:an e-mail from my manager
e-mail 是可數名詞 an email, two e-mails, three e-mails
這是因為e-maile-mail message 的縮寫
Message是可數的
I have 45 e-mail messages.
一般人都將它簡化為I have 45 e-mails.
Seven pieces of mail 不等於seven letters,因為letter僅限於私人信函
mail涵蓋所有的郵件:letters, bills, junk mail

Key word
solicit徵求、募集
The company tried to solicit funds to manufacture their new product.
這家公司試著募集資金可以大量生產製造他們的新產品
The organization is soliciting support from Senators for this bill.
這個組織正在尋求參議員對這個法案的支持

sharpen使提升、使敏捷(原本有削尖、磨利之意)
Howard decided to study culinary arts in France to sharpen his cooking techniques.
Howard決定要去法國學習廚藝讓自己的烹調技術更加提升。
The training will sharpen these athletes’ skills in a short period of time.
這個訓練可以讓運動員們短時間內技巧更加精進

Approval 肯定、批准、贊成
Approve肯定
Jeffery spent all of his life trying to get his parents’ approval.
Jeffery花了一生的時間試著得到他父母的贊許
You need to get your supervisor’s approval to leave early.
要提早離開的話,你必須得到上司的批准

沒有留言:

張貼留言